6th International Conference on the confiscation, thefts and transfers of works of art as a result of Nazi rule over Czechoslovakia and occupied Europe during the Second World War and in the postwar period.
October 20 - 22, 2015
PLUNDERED – BUT BY WHO?
Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia and Occupied Europe in the Light of the Nazi-Art Looting
The Czech Ministry of Culture will hold this conference on Nazi-looted art under the auspices of Miloš Zeman, President of the Czech Republic; Bohuslav Sobotka, Prime Minister of the Czech Republic; and Lubomír Zaorálek, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic. It will take place in Prague this October 20-22.
1. Protectorate Bohemia and Moravia and the postwar development of the State – historical overview
2. Protectorate Bohemia and Moravia and the postwar development of the State – legal overview
3. Occupied Europe – historical and legal overview
4. Government offices and their role in tracing looted art
5. Identification of looted cultural assets in the Czech and Moravian museums
6. Identification of looted cultural assets in the European museums
7. Government Bodies/Restitution Committees and the national restitution policy in the future
Speaker´s Registration Form